Create Your Own App Store

* MuslimCommunity > Topics

Subject: I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER BEFORE
Replies: 13 Views: 1969

salam05 8.02.09 - 11:13am
I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER BEFORE

By Aminah Amatullah

=======

In 1968, I was born and raised in Hannover, a big city in Germany as a Protestant, Just becaus my parents were Christians. All my life, I believed in God but I have been never too religious. When I prayed I prayed to God, not to Jesus. I never went for prayer into the church because in my opinion it wasn't necessary, you can do the same at home to be close to God.

I got married to a Catholic at the age of 22 and we have got three wonderful children. I taught them that God is always close to them and He protects us with His Angels. But while my marriage I became unhappy, my husband changed himself and he never talked about his problem with me. So slowly my marriage broke down. At this time I felt that I am losing my life, just everything. In 1998, we moved to Wernigerode, a small town in East Germany for business reasons and I still hoped to save my marriage. When my youngest child was old enough for the kindergarten I re-started work. One of my collegues was a Muslim but not a practicing one. I didn't how he taught me some Islamic manners. One years later I started to change my life. I became able to accept things how they are, no matter if they have been good or not. I realized that everything is made by God. After 10 years my marriage was completely broken. But Allah's ways are sometimes mysterious.

A couple of month later I got the answer. I got to know someone on internet and he didn't tell me that he was a Muslim. He was like the key to my new life, Alhamdulillah! On his homepage I found two great links: one of the 99 names of Allah, and one of the Holy Qur'an. I read the first chapter and was so impressed that I wanted to read more. So I was looking for German translation. My Muslim brother in future, Abdurrahman didn't know about it. I told him later that I was reading the Holy Qur'an and he was so happy to hear it. *

salam05 8.02.09 - 11:15am
A few weeks after we got to know each other he left the USA to move Macedonia (at that time the war over there started) but he promised me to keep in touch with me. It was the first time I was afraid about someone I'd never net before and made a lot of Du'a for him and his family. I tried to improve my knowledge in Islam and in spite of our distance he gave me great advice to encourage me. My new faith bettered my belief in Allah and gave me the courage to change a lot of things in my life. I left my husband and started a new life. It was a hard time for me but I felt how Allah was always close to me.

I will never forget the day when I had the strong wish to convert. My children found outside a kitten and tried to save him. I prayed to Allah to let that little creature live. He gave him one week. I woke up at night and found our kitten dead. His body was still warm and I was so sad. I asked Allah, why He did it. After a sleepless night i realized in the morning that it had been God's Will. He gives and He takes life. That was the moment I knew I had to convert as soon as possible. Allah had given me a sign. Unfortunately there wasn't and still isn't a Muslim community here, to less practising Muslims. To convert to Islam I needed to go to Braunchweig, a town in the western part. I met some brothers and sisters and the Imam on the station, my train was late and I hadn't much time to stay and to go to the Mosque before I had to return to my town. So I said the Shahadah on the station and one sister told me before I would feel like new born and she was right. Insha Allah! It is difficult to get some more knowledge in Islam without an Ummah and to bring up my children in the Islamic way but I don't give up.

When I told my family and my friends about my conversion, they were shocked and except for my Mom and my little brothers they didn't want to talk with me. *

salam05 8.02.09 - 11:18am
I was so sad about that but I couldn't leave my faith for my family or anyone else. My brother Abdur-Rahman told me it would take time until my relatives would understand and he was right. Still my Dad can't understand why I am so convinced about Islam and why I decided to wear a scarf. He said that I wasn't born a Muslim, it was not my culture. Insha Allah one day he will understand too.

So when I converted to Islam in 2001 nobody told me how I had to dress or that I had to wear hijab from now on. I changed my habits and my outfit slowly and almost one year later I have really wished to wear hijab but unfortunately I couldn't. When I was invited by some sisters for Eid-ul-Fitr in Braunschweig, I took the chance and left for the first time my home with hijab. I considered if I should continue but I didn't want my problems for my children as I was the only German Muslimah in town. I asked them and they agreed and a couple of days later, after a lot of du'a, I realized my wish with Allah's help. It has been two years ago and I don't regret my decision. I can't imagine anymore leaving my home without scarf. People still look on me because they are still not used to foreigners here (sometime I'm being taken for a Turk) but when I have the chance to talk with some about Islam especially about Muslim women, I do and I must say that I have only good experiences. I am proud to be a Muslim, Masha Allah!

After all I must say that I don't regret for one moment that I became a Muslim. Islam is sometimes hard but I have never been happier before and I thank Allah that He sent me someone like an angel, Brother Abdur-Rahman, because I found the right path for my life. *

pakibabe 8.02.09 - 02:26pm
Mashallah! Shukr tht Allah paak has brought me to this world as a muslim and a wonderful muslim fmly He has given me bcoz if i was in the above sisters place, i cud hav neva made such sacrifice's... M very proud of the above sista and she truly is a role model... Lakh lakh shukr Allah 4 making me part of ur beloved prophets (s.a.w) ummah. *

ayyad 8.02.09 - 04:55pm
Realy hearttouching!mashaALLAH *

maxfc 8.02.09 - 05:00pm
Dese revert stories always make me emotional.... May ALLAH strengthen our Imaan. Ameen. *

ayyad 8.02.09 - 08:35pm
Mayb bcoz smhw most of us r reverts!if u kno wat i mean *

maxfc 9.02.09 - 12:53am
yeah i do knw wat u mean.. *

salam05 9.02.09 - 01:33am
He means we, firstly, were impracticing name muslims.. Many of us even dint knw wat r da obligation on muslims that we r obliged to do (includin me)... Then Allah guide us to the Qur'an n Sunnah n we started practicin it, atleast for some extent... In fact we reverted from ignorance to light of true Islam.... Right?? *

maxfc 9.02.09 - 01:50am
yess... Alhamdulillah.. Still we hav a LOOONG way to go... *

ayyad 9.02.09 - 02:11am
Exactly most of us do have that special moment to remember were we came to kno hw wrong we were hw bad our akeeda was!hw Allah swt in his mercy atleast made us realise hw worthless we r wo this deen of prophet pbuh!so we do hav our reverting moments *

salam05 9.02.09 - 02:20am
Yup.. I do hav that rememberanc also.. Alhamdulillah *

maxfc 9.02.09 - 02:23am
i dont hav dat special moment as i changed gradually... *

salisu1 28.06.13 - 04:50pm
Allahu akbar god is great *

* MuslimCommunity Forum

Search:
topics replies

* MuslimCommunity

Create Your Own App Store

topTop