Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

MuslimCommunity - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* MuslimCommunity > Topics

Subject: forty hadeeth by Imam Nawawi
Replies: 10 Views: 632

salam05 1.12.09 - 06:53pm
Bismillah

Imam Nawawi said: Scholars have compiled forty hadeeth on faith and belief (usul ), on practical matters (furoo), on
jihad, on austerity (zuhd), on etiquette (adab), and even on sermons (khutbahs). All of these
[collections] were concerning righteous aims. May Allah be pleased with those who sought them.
However I have found it best to collect together forty hadeeth which are more important than all of
those. These forty hadeeth incorporate all of those separate topics. In fact, each hadeeth is by itself
a great general precept from the foundations of the religion. Some scholars state that all of Islam
revolves around these hadeeth. Some have said, about a particular hadeeth, that they are one-half
of Islam, one-third of Islam and so forth.

salam05 1.12.09 - 06:55pm
I have committed myself to including only authentic hadeeth (saheeh or hasan) in these forty
hadeeth. The majority of them are from Saheeh al-Bukhari or Saheeh Muslim. I have mentioned
them without their chain of narrators in order for it to be easier to memorise them and thus more
[people] will be able to benefit from them, Allah willing.

salam05 1.12.09 - 06:57pm
Hadeeth 1
On the authority of ameer ul -mumineen (the commander of the faithful), abu hafs Umar ibn
al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say,
''Actions are but by intentions and every man shall have only that which he intended. Thus he
whose migration (hijrah from Makkah to Madina) was for Allah and His Messenger,
his migration was for Allah and His Messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve
some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for
which he migrated.''

It is related by the two imams of the scholars of hadeeth, Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Ismael
ibn Ibraheem ibn al-Mugheera ibn Bardizbah al-Bukhari and Abu-l-Husain Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj
ibn Muslim al-Qushairee an-Naisaboree, in their two Saheehs, which are the soundest of compiled
books.

salam05 2.12.09 - 12:01pm
Hadeeth 2
Also on the authority of Umar ibn al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:
One day while we were sitting with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah
be upon him) there appeared before us a man whose clothes were exceedingly white and
whose hair was exceedingly black; no signs of journey were to be seen on him and none of
us knew him. He walked up and sat down in front of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), with his knees touching against the Prophet's (peace and blessings
of Allah be upon him) and placing the palms of his hands on his thighs he said, ''O
Muhammad, tell me about Islam.''
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ''Islam is
to testify that there is no deity worthy of worship but Allah and Muhammad is the
Messenger of Allah, to perform prayers, to give zakat, to fast in Ramadhan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so.''
He said, ''You have spoken rightly''; and we were amazed at him asking him and saying
that he had spoken rightly. He [the man] then said, ''Tell me about iman.''
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ''It is to believe in Allah,
His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Last Day, and to believe in divine
destiny (qadr), both the good and the evil of it.''
He said, ''You have spoken rightly.'' He [the man] said, ''Then tell me about ihsan.''
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ''It is to worship Allah
as though you see Him, and if you do not see Him, then (knowing that) truly He sees
you.''
He said, ''Then tell me about the Hour.''
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ''The one questioned
about it knows no better than the questioner.''
He said, ''Then tell me about its signs.''
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ''That the slave-girl will
give birth to her mistress, and that you will see barefooted, naked destitute shepherds
competing in constructing lofty buildings.''
Then he [the man] left, and I stayed for a time. The he [the Prophet (peace and blessings
of Allah be upon him)] said, ''O Umar, do you know who the questioner was?'' I said,
Allah and His Messenger know best.'' He said, ''It was Jibreel, who came to teach you
your religion.''
It was related by Muslim.

salam05 2.12.09 - 12:04pm
Hadeeth 3
On the authority of Abdullah, the son of Umar ibn al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him),
who said:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, ''Islam
has been built on five [pillars]: testifying that there is no deity worthy of worship except
Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, establishing the salah prayer.GIF,
paying the zakat (obligatory charity), making the hajj (pilgrimage) to the House, and
fasting in Ramadhan.''
It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

salam05 13.12.09 - 06:41pm
Hadeeth 4
On the authority of Abdullah ibn Masood (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and he is the
truthful, the believed, narrated to us, ''Verily the creation of each one of you is brought
together in his mother's womb for forty days in the form of a nutfah (a drop), then he
becomes an alaqah (clot of blood) for a like period, then a mudghah (morsel of flesh)
for a like period, then there is sent to him the angel who blows his soul into him and
who is commanded with four matters: to write down his rizq (sustenance), his life span,
his actions, and whether he will be happy or unhappy (i.e., whether or not he will enter
Paradise).
By the One, other than Whom there is no deity, verily one of you performs the actions
of the people of Paradise until there is but an arms length between him and it, and that
which has been written overtakes him, and so he acts with the actions of the people of
the Hellfire and thus enters it; and verily one of you performs the actions of the people of the Hellfire, until there is but an arms length between him and it, and that which has
been written overtakes him and so he acts with the actions of the people of Paradise
and thus he enters it.''

It was narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

salam05 18.12.09 - 06:27am
Hadeeth 5
On the authority of the mother of the faithful, Aaishah (may Allah be pleased with her), who said:
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ''He who innovates something in this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] that is not of it will have it
rejected [by Allah].''
Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.
In one version by Muslim it reads: ''He who does an act which we have not commanded, will have
it rejected [by Allah].''

salam05 18.12.09 - 06:28am
Hadeeth 6
On the authority of an-Nu'man ibn Basheer (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, ''That
which is lawful is clear and that which is unlawful is clear, and between the two of
them are doubtful matters about which many people do not know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honour, but he who falls into doubtful matters [eventually] falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary,
and truly Allahs sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of
flesh, which, if it be whole, all the body is whole, and which, if it is diseased, all of [the body] is diseased. Truly, it is the heart.''

salam05 27.05.10 - 11:49am
Hadeeth 7

On the authority of Tameem ibn Aus ad-Daree (may Allah be pleased with him):
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, The deen (religion) is
naseehah (advice, sincerity). We said To whom? He (peace and blessings of Allah be
upon him) said ''To Allah, His Book, His Messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims
and their common folk.''

Related by Muslim

salam05 27.05.10 - 11:52am
Hadeeth 8

On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of
Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
I have been ordered to fight against the people until they testify that there is none
worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and until they establish the salah and pay the zakat. And if they do that then they will have
gained protection from me for their lives and property, unless [they commit acts that
are punishable] in Islam, and their reckoning will be with Allah.

It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

salam05 27.05.10 - 11:54am
Hadeeth 9

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, ''What I
have forbidden for you, avoid. What I have ordered you [to do], do as much of it as you
can. For verily, it was only the excessive questioning and their disagreeing with their
Prophets that destroyed [the nations] who were before you.''

Hadeeth *

* MuslimCommunity Forum

Search:
topics replies

* MuslimCommunity

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search